Retrieve Back All the Lost Data of Offline Data File
What is new in version 4.3?
Version 4.3 added support for MS Outlook 2013.
Manufacturer – MS Outlook Tools
Category – Communications
Subcategory – Email Utilities
Operating System – Windows OS
- Installation of Outlook program is essential for OST file conversion in PST format.
- 20MB of free space on the conversion machine.
- 512MB sized or more of Random Access Memory.
- 1GHz or more processor frequency in the system.
File Size – 16.2MB
File Name – ost-recovery.exe
License Model – Free of cost trial
Limitations of Demo
- Only 25 email items per mail folder can be exported.
Cost – 99USD
Key Functionality of the Software
OST Recovery version 4.3, though the newest release has been in the market since sometime for the recovery and conversion of OST file data items into PST, EML and MSG format. The reason why OST file is not the output of the recovery tool is that even if healthy it cannot be opened without Exchange account; while PST file can be opened easily in Outlook mail program and EML in mail clients like Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc.
Features That Make OST Recovery Tool Outstanding
- Retrieves all emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes and journal.
- Recovers even permanently deleted (Shift deleted) data items.
- ‘Advance Scan’ check box to fight back major corruption issues.
- ‘Preview’ of all stored data items be it mails, contact details, calendar items, etc.
- ‘Mail Filters’ by Date Range to export selected items files or folders.
- ‘Split PST’ option to divide large sized Outlook data file in small parts.
- ‘Naming convention’ for organized storage of mails in EML and MSG format.
- Outlook client version 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 (32 & 64 bit) is supported.
Tool’s specification – Here, in the working section of the review, demo version has been executed for attaining OST file recovery.
OST file specification:
- The name of the OST file is outlook3.ost
- There are no items in Notes and Journal
Once the .exe file of the OST Recovery is downloaded and installed the tool gets ready to recover and convert a damaged OST file into any one of the three available file formats. Be it Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes or Journals; the utility follows four chief steps to retrieve the data items and they are Open, Scan, Preview and Export.
- Open – This is the first step in retrieval of OST file by the recovery tool and is accomplished by the Add File option as shown in the screenshot below. The tab is located at the top left of the interface and when clicked a small window pops up wanting the OST file to be added.
- By clicking on the Browse tab in the small window, the corrupt .ost file must selected and once chosen the path is displayed next to the Select File
- The second thing that should be performed in the Select Path window is to click on Add File button located on it.
In this way the damaged OST file containing data items g
ets opened and the next step of ‘scanning’ begins.
Note – If the OST file is severely corrupted then the check box Advance Scan must be checked and then the Add File tab of Select Path window should be clicked upon. The screenshot with Advance Scan check box checked is shown below.
- Scan – This is the second step of the recovery operation with OST Recovery application. Once the addition of .ost file get over as mentioned above in the explanation of first step scanning starts. The software starts scanning the opened file and all its stored data items from Mail, Contacts, Calendar and rest of the categories as displayed in the figure below.
When scanning gets completed a small window pops up with the message ‘Scanning completed successfully’ shown in the figure below. Thereafter, the tab OK should be clicked upon.
Moreover, once scanning is over all the data items belonging to different categories gets displayed in the Folder List located at the left of the tool’s GUI as shown in the screenshot pasted below. The folder list displays the item count belonging to each of the categories that the .ost file contains.
- Preview – This is the third major step where the data items stored in the OST file can be previewed before actual exportation.
- Mail Preview – To obtain the preview of emails the Mail tab should be clicked upon as shown in the figure below. On doing this the preview of all emails get displayed; however, with the demo version whose working is shown here only 25 emails per folder can be exported. To export all the mails full release is needed.
- Calendar Preview – To preview calendar items the Calendar category should be clicked upon. The figure below shows the preview of calendar items with details such as Subject, Location, Start time, End Time & Categories. Also, if any attachment is present its preview can also be achieved. The interface gets divided into three sections. On the left is displayed the item count of Calendar category. At the top, in the right portion of the interface all the calendar items are shown whereas at the bottom the details of the selected calendar item is shown.
- Contacts Preview – Similarly, to preview the recovered contact details the Contacts tab must be selected. On doing this the item count of Contacts get displayed in the left side of the interface. On the right side at the top all contacts are shown whereas on selecting any particular contact, its details can be seen in the bottom portion of the interface.
- Tasks Preview – In the same way for previewing the tasks, the Tasks tab should be clicked. When it is done so the window gets divided in three sections as explained above for Contacts and details like Task Subject, Status, Due Date, etc. gets displayed as shown in the figure below.
Note – The same process applies for previewing ‘Notes’ and ‘Journal’ items too. But as the OST file added here does not contain any item of these two categories their preview cannot be obtained. On clicking upon these two tabs, an empty interface is displayed.
- Export & Save – This is the last step in the recovery process of corrupted OST file by the recovery utility. All or any required item from any of the categories can be selected and exported in PST, EML & MSG format by clicking on the Export button located at the top-left of the recovery interface. Once clicked upon, a small window of Export Options appears as shown in the figure below. The file format can be selected by checking the appropriate check box located beside each type.
- If MS Outlook PST file is selected; then the option to filter emails, divide PST file and also to select destination location is provided.
- If EML or MSG format is chosen an additional feature to apply naming convention for emails is provided.
Once the required fields are filled up the tab Export on the Export Options window should be clicked. In this way, the file chosen gets saved at the provided destination location. Finally, in this way the OST file retrieval gets accomplished by the OST Recovery utility without fail.
Finally the Tool’s Overview
From the working of the tool it has been found that OST Recovery Software is a reliable and efficient software application. It maintains Meta data of the extracted emails as well as preserves files/ folders hierarchy. Moreover, it does not exhibit any drawback except that the system becomes a bit slow on its execution.
Windows 10 tops Windows 7 as most popular OS
Windows 10, which was released about three and half years ago, nows top Windows 7 as the most popular OS. A report from Net Marketshare puts Windows 10 in the top spot for desktop operating systems. It’s the first time Microsoft’s OS took the top spot since hitting the market three and a half years ago.
Windows 10 held 39.22 percent of desktop OS market share in December 2018, compared to Windows 7 which sit at 36.9 percent. This is a statistics that is taken Microsoft three and a half years to accomplish, and it shows exactly how mainstream Windows 7 has been since its release almost 10 years prior. The more recent Windows 8.1, meanwhile, is a distant fifth — more than a percentage point below Windows XP.
Windows 10 is now in place on 700 million devices, comprising a broad range of products. Microsoft gambled with the release of a convertible operating system that could bridge the device between PC and tablet, and it appears to have paid off. As has the decision to bring the OS to its Xbox platform.
The market share milestone is an important one for Windows 10, and it comes just a year before Microsoft ends its extended support for Windows 7 on January 14th, 2020. Microsoft have no choice than to convince businesses with deep pockets to move up to Windows 10, rather than settling on the Extended Security Updates (ESU) program for Windows 7 one year from now.
All of this marks a nice end to Microsoft’s solid year, which found it once again at the top of the most valuable companies. Apple, which is now in the No. 2 spot, secured No. 3 on the OS list, with 10.14 Mojave pulling in 4.73 percent of the market.
Google Is About To Fix Terrible Lag Issues On Chrome OS Tablets
So many complaints have been made by users about the Pixel state performance especially when the device is in tablet mode and Users also claim they encounter lagging issues while in the said mode, apart from having a janky experience overall.
According to report, It seems Google is now aware of the issue, at least. Since the Pixel Slate’s sluggish and stuttery user interface is becoming a deal breaker for most consumers, Google is reportedly planning to roll out an update that will improve the performance of its flagship tablet.
Chrome Unboxed has uncovered that Google aims to address performance problems present on the Pixel Slate, particularly issues with lag. What’s more, the fix might actually be a simple one.
Pixel Slate Lag Issues
For sometimes, Many Developers have noticed that much of the performance issues stems from the performance-intensive way the tablet draws rounded corners, and they especially persist when dragging down to reveal the overview mode.
“A lot of animation jank seems to be coming from the use of Mask Layers to create rounded corners. This combined with background blur adds a lot of additional steps in the paint/rendering pipeline,” according per the bug’s description.
When rounded corners are disabled, the performance allegedly improves, even on the Celeron-based Pixel Slate, which is the entry-level model of the lineup.
“The performance (fps increase) and memory improvement (tiles don’t get discarded and we actually see the content) is quite significant on Nocturne Celeron when rounded corners are removed.”
Of course, turning off rounded corners likely won’t solve every lag and performance issue present on the device, but it’s an easy and uncomplicated start, and should significantly increase performance for users who enter overview mode on a regular basis.
When Will Google Release This Fix?
As to when Google plans to release the fix is another story. The company has labeled the bug as high priority, at least, but bear in mind that the discussion dates back to November 2018, which suggests a solution might not be around the corner. Also, Google hasn’t formally acknowledged the Pixel Slate’s performance issues, making it harder to predict if and when the fix is coming.
That’s quite unfortunate since a number of reviewers liken the Pixel Slate as a successful attempt from Google to reinvigorate the tablet landscape, apart from being a worthy competitor to the Apple iPad. Clearly, Google has quite a room for improvement on the software side of things — and definitely on the hardware as well.
How to Successfully Migrate a Data IT Center
Migrations of large data centers are enough complicated as they pose significant risk to event iData IT Centerntegrity. The behind best practices may urge on IT executives to apportion seize resources for migration plans, measures and tests that will guard corporate documentation and confidential data even if also improving all prerequisites of success.
IT decision makers who twist the task to migrate their corporate data centers during the overall infrastructure refurbishment strategy:
Always tally third-party experiences bearing in mind standard knowledge base, especially if they realize not possess in-company experience tolerable to plan, kill and checking account upon huge projects same to migrations of data centers.
Ensure to devise as well as authorize a obedient communication strategy for all phases of migration – this is valuable to diminish the fortuitous of errors. Make sure every affected departments are served like total information.
In order to take on risk lessening they use catastrophe recovery protocols and frequently manage tests.
Meticulously record how the process of migration is implemented during all periods of the project to ensure that valuable record are lessons and reference materials for post-migration follow-up are preserved for the sake of completeness of the entire procedure.
Lets bow to a look at the fine examples that responsible IT manager should judge even though executing the migration of data center .
It is extremely important to ensure that you have acceptable knack set in the past you begin this important journey. Third-party completion may be a good option.
Assembling the Right Team
Significant projects require an experienced leader who will build a team comprising experts from every committed departments. This project lead must as well as have the skill to manage resources and to give tasks.
3. Preparation Stage
The talent of any project depends upon thorough preparation and meticulous set sights on setting. Tests are in addition to essential.
4. Create it Simple
The less data requires moving, the easier would the total process be. Attempt to simplify, condense, virtualize, optimize, tidy happening the data days past you actually begin your project.
5. Direct Interdependencies
At this stage you create a positive assessment of all interconnections in the midst of tools, platforms, and various equipment such as cloud, servers, and on-site data storage . During this stage you will new judge the stability and create a list of small details of alternative steps of the project.
6. Mare determined to Communicate
Working communication strategy is necessary during every steps of data migration. Communication is necessary considering it comes to eliminating errors and establishing trusted data quarrel routes. Communication must influence all departments and clarify participants and responsibilities during collective process.
Discussing the migration plan later internal IT team and matter units is with important as a exaggeration to avoid disruptions. Allow people know practically milestones, practicable challenges, and focus upon successes.
7. Planning is Key
The number of data migration steps often depends on alternating factors such as data center volume, risk of abet disruptions, as skillfully as budget requirements.
8. Plot for the Future
Problems undoubtedly arise at all stages of actual data exchange. Its taking place to decision maker to predict such problems in order to create commandeer risk avoidance protocols. Again, this takes us encourage to well-planned preparation phase.
9. Tests are Important
Perfection comes later experience. Since you begin migrating the applications, decree a set of tests to ensure a “baseline” of various functional levels, including its feat to feign without affecting its performance.
10. Do not Panic
To steer certain of fortuitous errors, take on board a “freeze” grow old coming on just since the migration process and stopping unexpectedly after you total the migration.
During the migration, be prepared to charge connectivity problems, faulty credentials or negated testing. Sometimes such issues repercussion in a cascading effect upon overall system performance, especially if no flee route has been set.
11. Analyse Again
Even if you have performed repeated tests, hug a risk-based attitude that relies on opinions of experts inside the company.
12. Post-migration Tests
Hurray! You now have completed a flawless migration. Still, you craving to have allocated proficient resources user-friendly for the bordering week or so. Extra attention is still warranted to any failures in network performance. Also, check that corporate networking facilities and firewalls are sufficiently tested for stability as well as speed.
13. Enactment the Audit
An audit of the migration journey is usually warranted. This vital evaluation will manage to pay for priceless details and knowledge nearly various expertise factors.
14. Realize the Closure
Complete the deferment in a due ventilate to make determined that no hidden errors may impact corporate IT in the coming weeks.
15. Remember to Schedule Updates
All the documentation should be maintained in imitation of the data middle migration is complete. Praise the difficult exploit of all people involved! Your did a great job. online data room
- Business2 months ago
Global food and beverage giant, Nestlé launches Workplace by Facebook
- Press Release2 months ago
ESS Technology Introduces Suite of USB CODECs featuring Audiophile SABRE DACs
- Mobile Security2 months ago
Security specialists discovered Over a dozen iPhone apps linked to Golduck malware
- Tech News2 months ago
SST Announces Automotive Grade 1 Qualification of Embedded SuperFlash® Memory on UMC’s 55 nm Platform
- Business2 months ago
15 Best Tech Quotes that Dominated the year 2018
- Android2 months ago
Google Assistant will now donate to your favorite charity on Android and Google home
- Tech News2 months ago
Learning the Arabic Language Through the Arabic World by Radiant Drops Program
- Press Release2 months ago
Retail Pro International Adds Reseller in Mexico, Increasing Specialty Retail Access to Unified Retail Pro POS