Last year December, BlackBerry launches the Classic, a new phone for people that want an old keyboard.
Blackberry yesterday launched its Classic, a new phone that it hopes will convince those holding onto old BlackBerry’s for their keyboard and size to finally upgrade.
The BlackBerry Classic Is Now Available In South Africa
New Device Responds to Customer Demand for a Familiar Design Merged with the Security and Speed of BlackBerry 10 for Superior Productivity, Communications and Collaboration
Johannesburg, South Africa – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today launched the BlackBerry® Classic™ in South Africa. The no-nonsense smartphone built to meet the needs of productive people who appreciate the speed and accuracy that can be found with a physical QWERTY keyboard is now available from authorized partners.
Although familiar in appearance, BlackBerry Classic upgrades the BlackBerry® Bold 9900 experience with:
- Three times faster browser
60 percent more screen space
50 percent longer battery life
Greater variety of applications through BlackBerry World and the Amazon Appstore
Top features of the BlackBerry Classic that drive productivity, communications and collaboration include:
- BlackBerry® Keyboard & Trackpad – The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time as the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic’s QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly using one hand with a trackpad and classic navigation keys.
- BlackBerry® Browser – The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That’s why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen, faster than ever before and with unlimited browser tabs.
- Screen & Battery – The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
- Premium Components – The device is built with durable materials mixed with top-of-the-line technology. This includes a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via uSD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.
- BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user’s most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
Dual app storefronts for a wealth of professional and popular apps:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World showcases essential productivity apps for business professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration.
- Amazon Appstore – Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, users can access popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, Kindle for Android and Cut the Rope 2. Users can also scan Android apps for malware and privacy issues prior to installation using BlackBerry Guardian.
- BlackBerry® Hub – The one place to manage all your conversations – email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what’s next in your calendar. It’s always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.
BlackBerry Classic is built on BlackBerry’s renowned secure operating system, with built-in protection against viruses, tampering and data leaks. The BlackBerry Classic is private by default, protecting users with encrypted email, web browsing and BBM.
For more information, please visit http://www.BlackBerry.com/Classic.
Data taken from HTML5TEST.com from January, 2013 to July 22, 2014 and compares the latest builds for this duration for Android, Chrome, Firefox, iOS and Windows.
Based on GSMA PRD TW.09 Battery Life Measurement Technique and a mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network connectivity, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.
Why You Still Need An MP3 Player
Only five or ten years ago MP3 players were the most popular devices for listening to music, but as mobile phones became more and more advanced, MP3 players started to lose their popularity. However, there are still plenty of reasons to choose an MP3 player over a music app in your smartphone. You can buy MP3 players and lots of other electronics in Nigeria at unbelievably low prices by simply following this link: https://jiji.ng/electronics
Low cost gadget
Even the latest MP3 player model is still cheaper than a mid-range smartphone, so if you often break or lose your device, an MP3 player can become your low-risk investment. For example, it may turn out that replacing the screen on your iPhone costs as much as a new iPod, so dropping your device on the ground can have different consequences depending on which gadget you prefer.
Take the most out of your music collection
Most music fans have huge collections of MP3 files on their computer – they can be downloaded from the Internet or converted from music CDs. An MP3 player becomes the most suitable device for playing these files. Modern smartphones are mostly designed for using music apps and subscription services, while transferring and organizing MP3 files on your phone can turn out to be quite tricky. An MP3 player will let you effortlessly select music by artist, album or track title, or even release year. And don’t forget the super convenient playlist feature!
Perfect for active lifestyle
Keeping fit and leading an adventurous life are today’s biggest trends, and music is an essential component of active lifestyle. No matter what you’re into – running, going into the gym, hiking, cycling, or climbing – an MP3 player is a much lighter and smaller device than your mobile phone, which means it’s much more convenient to carry around. Plus, many MP3 players like the iPod Shuffle have special clips, so you don’t have to keep them in your pocket.
Save battery life
One of the biggest problems of smartphone users is the battery that dies in the middle of the day even when you’re not actively using the phone. Obviously, listening to music for hours has an even more drastic effect on the battery life. MP3 players, however, are known for lasting for days while playing music non-stop. That way you can take the pressure off your phone’s battery while enjoying your favorite tunes wherever you are without worrying about the battery life of your devices.
Jumia Mobile Week Megathon – Biggest Mobile Sales Event of 2015
When its comes to Ecommerce , what it will come to our mind, is buying or selling products through the internet. Moreover ,Nigeria’s biggest online retailer known as Jumia, , in collaboration with some of Nigeria’s top mobile brands like INNJOO, INFINIX , TECNO , APPLE, LENOVo, SAMSUNG, and LG will be hosting the biggest mobile sales event titled The ‘Mobile Week Megathon‘ So what does that actually mean? For the vast majority of retailers, that means sales of cheap high tend mobile phones , Yes they are right because Phone Sales from your Favourite Operating Systems, Android, Blackberry, Apple’s iOS, and Windows OS prices will be slashed .
This give you a real marathon of mega deals! of lifetime from the worlds hottest brands which will run For one week , from the 1st – 7th June 2015.
Meanwhile At the just concluded West Africa blogger conference in Lagos , Nigeria , which was hosted by jumia , GIstmate communication , Mtn Nigeria and many more , The CEO of jumia promises it will even be bigger than the Jumia Black Friday sales.
This is really a good deal for vast majority of smartphone users because MTN Nigeria, a major sponsor of the event, will offer 3GB free data on any phone bought at the Jumia Mobile Week Megathon. Not only that , MTN is also offering 6 months of WhatsApp access and one free month of music streaming on MTN Music.
4 benefit of the event are:
Cheap Mobile phone from top brand
At the event , jumia will be slashing the price of mobile phone from your Favorite Operating Systems, Android, Blackberry, Apple’s iOS, and Windows OS prices at a shocking discount. this mega deal will really be a huge benefit for mobile phone lovers
Best deals From the Best Brand
I belief in the logic that branding develops an image of a company’s products in the minds of consumers, attributing goods with certain unique qualities or characteristics, that, if done effectively, are attractive to the target audience.
Starting from the 1st of june , Jumia mobile week megathon will feature the best product from the best brands in the mobile market… You can check the Phone Sales on brands using the Calender pattern below from 1st – 7th June, 2015:
MTN will Give 3GB Free Data on Each Phone
That moment you just a new smartphone , what comes to your m ind is data subscription.
As i said earlier , This is going to be more of benefit for smartphone users because MTN Nigeria, a major sponsor of the event, will offer 3GB free data on any phone bought at the Jumia Mobile Week Megathon. Not only that , MTN is also offering 6 months of WhatsApp access and one free month of music streaming on MTN Music
A week of Expoloration and Opportunity
Black friday have always been known for expoloration of new product and follow up of best deal in just 24 hours but Jumia mobile megathon will enable you to expolre quality mobile product from top brand in the market for 7 days.
Are you ready? Here is how you can benefit from the Jumia mobile week Megathon
Top brand in the mobile market will over the best product to you which will make every partaker to benefit from it.
3. You will be entitled for 5000 naira voucher from jumia when you share this campaignon your social media , While not start by following Jumia on Twitter at Jumianigeria , Google plus at +Jumia Nigeria and the Hashtag #JumiaMobileWeek
Everyone loves a good deal, Isn’t it ? So for one week, Jumia will be offering amazing deals. Why not share this on social media by using our social media icon below…
BlackBerry Leap arrives at the FCC
Although BlackBerry slipped up a bit early and listed the device formerly known as the Z20, now the BlackBerry Leap, inside FCC documents for the BlackBerry Passport, the BlackBerry Leap has arrived at the FCC seeking approval. As the device is already official, the FCC documents don’t reveal much of anything that isn’t already known about the latest all-touch device except, perhaps, a possible approximate launch time frame for North America.
The short term confidentiality agreement expires on May 4th, 2015 and while that is far from a proven method of determining release of a device, it’s shortly after the April launch BlackBerry confirmed for Europe. Interested in possibly grabbing a BlackBerry Leap? You can register for updates via the BlackBerry website.
- Computing2 weeks ago
Apple has acquired Fleetsmith, a startup that helps IT manage Apple devices remotely
- Business2 weeks ago
How Rwanda is spurring a generation of women in technology
- Tech News2 weeks ago
3D at Depth Launches Remote Sensing and Remote Data Control Technology
- Blogging2 weeks ago
AWS launches Amazon Honeycode, a no-code mobile and web app builder
- Business2 weeks ago
Blue Ridge Enhances Machine Learning Capabilities for Price Optimization
- Internet Security2 weeks ago
Pax8 and NewCloud Networks Announce New Partnership
- Business2 days ago
NCDMB: The agency providing funding, incubation and mentorship opportunities for technology startups and innovators
- Tech News2 weeks ago
Google’s piecemeal privacy changes now let users auto-delete their data