I was wondering how long this would take. There were many comparisons made between the Blackphone and BlackBerrys when the Blackphone was first announced as a secure smartphone for would be secret spies who value privacy. We have not heard much about the device since its launch and it does not seem like businesses are biting but still BlackBerry decided to put the upstart in its place. They decided to list out the pedegree that differentiates BlackBerry from the Blackphone for businesses since it is targeting a consumer security market with consumer technologies.
Here is what they had to say:
- ” Consumer Targeted
- As this review points out, the Blackphone was designed chiefly for consumers. The product’s target market sweet spot appears to be individuals — not necessarily affiliated with an enterprise — requiring eavesdrop-proof communications. The Blackphone appears to be designed to operate outside the realm of IT oversight.
- It’s currently unclear if the Blackphone will support the logging and archiving of business communications conducted on the smartphone, an unacceptable condition for regulated organizations, such as financial services and healthcare firms.
- Blackphone’s go-it-alone approach to security contrasts dramatically with BlackBerry’s end-to-end enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution. The BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) platform provides IT with a single console for managing corporate-issued or personal BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices. BBM Protected also enables CIOs to rest assured that their workers are messaging each other securely and privately. By infusing security and control within every segment – device, EMM server and network – of the end-to-end digital journey, BlackBerry has attracted the business of some of the most security conscious and highly regulated organizations in the world.
- Productivity Trade-offs
- The maker of Blackphone proudly proclaims its laser-like focus on privacy. This from their website:
- “In a world where devices and apps increasingly offer features only in return for users’ personal or sensitive information, the pent-up demand for Blackphone shows there is strong, international demand for our brand’s devices and services that stand apart by placing privacy before all else.”
- BlackBerry’s similar preoccupation with protecting user privacy is apparent through features like BlackBerry Balance andBlackBerry Guardian. BlackBerry Balance comes standard on all BlackBerry 10 devices and automatically separates personal data and applications from enterprise data, giving users the best BYOD experience on the market. We pioneered the concept of giving users the ability to control mobile application permissions and combined the BlackBerry Guardian vetting tools with Trend Micro’s expertise to protect users from malicious applications.
- We also recognize that worker productivity and end-user satisfaction are just as important as privacy and security. Enterprise-grade mobile security must provide ironclad protection of behind-the-server data without impeding employee productivity or negatively impacting usability. When it comes to fully realizing the benefits of enterprise mobility, a hierarchical approach to privacy, productivity and usability just doesn’t work.
- Enterprise Grade Security
- Everybody should be confident that their electronic communications are kept private and their mobile devices safe from siphoning by malicious hackers. For individuals, a costly Blackphone may fall short of delivering the desired peace of mind.
- For enterprises, security that stops at the device isn’t secure enough. When it comes to enterprise security – in a Pre- or Post-Snowden environment – the protection offered by BlackBerry’s end-to-end EMM solution makes the most attractive features of the Blackphone superfluous.
Honestly, I’ve been waiting to see if BlackBerry would even bother with discussing Blackphone anywhere so I’m glad to see they finally did. On top of that, it’s nice to see they didn’t go on an all out attack either, because really a lot of BlackBerry’s values when it comes to security and privacy are notably shared by Blackphone. It’s even mentioned in the post that ‘BlackBerry welcomes the attention the Blackphone brings to secure communications and digital privacy.’ Its just that BlackBerry and Blackphone are on two different playing fields right now and BlackBerry has been proven
Why You Still Need An MP3 Player
Only five or ten years ago MP3 players were the most popular devices for listening to music, but as mobile phones became more and more advanced, MP3 players started to lose their popularity. However, there are still plenty of reasons to choose an MP3 player over a music app in your smartphone. You can buy MP3 players and lots of other electronics in Nigeria at unbelievably low prices by simply following this link: https://jiji.ng/electronics
Low cost gadget
Even the latest MP3 player model is still cheaper than a mid-range smartphone, so if you often break or lose your device, an MP3 player can become your low-risk investment. For example, it may turn out that replacing the screen on your iPhone costs as much as a new iPod, so dropping your device on the ground can have different consequences depending on which gadget you prefer.
Take the most out of your music collection
Most music fans have huge collections of MP3 files on their computer – they can be downloaded from the Internet or converted from music CDs. An MP3 player becomes the most suitable device for playing these files. Modern smartphones are mostly designed for using music apps and subscription services, while transferring and organizing MP3 files on your phone can turn out to be quite tricky. An MP3 player will let you effortlessly select music by artist, album or track title, or even release year. And don’t forget the super convenient playlist feature!
Perfect for active lifestyle
Keeping fit and leading an adventurous life are today’s biggest trends, and music is an essential component of active lifestyle. No matter what you’re into – running, going into the gym, hiking, cycling, or climbing – an MP3 player is a much lighter and smaller device than your mobile phone, which means it’s much more convenient to carry around. Plus, many MP3 players like the iPod Shuffle have special clips, so you don’t have to keep them in your pocket.
Save battery life
One of the biggest problems of smartphone users is the battery that dies in the middle of the day even when you’re not actively using the phone. Obviously, listening to music for hours has an even more drastic effect on the battery life. MP3 players, however, are known for lasting for days while playing music non-stop. That way you can take the pressure off your phone’s battery while enjoying your favorite tunes wherever you are without worrying about the battery life of your devices.
Jumia Mobile Week Megathon – Biggest Mobile Sales Event of 2015
When its comes to Ecommerce , what it will come to our mind, is buying or selling products through the internet. Moreover ,Nigeria’s biggest online retailer known as Jumia, , in collaboration with some of Nigeria’s top mobile brands like INNJOO, INFINIX , TECNO , APPLE, LENOVo, SAMSUNG, and LG will be hosting the biggest mobile sales event titled The ‘Mobile Week Megathon‘ So what does that actually mean? For the vast majority of retailers, that means sales of cheap high tend mobile phones , Yes they are right because Phone Sales from your Favourite Operating Systems, Android, Blackberry, Apple’s iOS, and Windows OS prices will be slashed .
This give you a real marathon of mega deals! of lifetime from the worlds hottest brands which will run For one week , from the 1st – 7th June 2015.
Meanwhile At the just concluded West Africa blogger conference in Lagos , Nigeria , which was hosted by jumia , GIstmate communication , Mtn Nigeria and many more , The CEO of jumia promises it will even be bigger than the Jumia Black Friday sales.
This is really a good deal for vast majority of smartphone users because MTN Nigeria, a major sponsor of the event, will offer 3GB free data on any phone bought at the Jumia Mobile Week Megathon. Not only that , MTN is also offering 6 months of WhatsApp access and one free month of music streaming on MTN Music.
4 benefit of the event are:
Cheap Mobile phone from top brand
At the event , jumia will be slashing the price of mobile phone from your Favorite Operating Systems, Android, Blackberry, Apple’s iOS, and Windows OS prices at a shocking discount. this mega deal will really be a huge benefit for mobile phone lovers
Best deals From the Best Brand
I belief in the logic that branding develops an image of a company’s products in the minds of consumers, attributing goods with certain unique qualities or characteristics, that, if done effectively, are attractive to the target audience.
Starting from the 1st of june , Jumia mobile week megathon will feature the best product from the best brands in the mobile market… You can check the Phone Sales on brands using the Calender pattern below from 1st – 7th June, 2015:
MTN will Give 3GB Free Data on Each Phone
That moment you just a new smartphone , what comes to your m ind is data subscription.
As i said earlier , This is going to be more of benefit for smartphone users because MTN Nigeria, a major sponsor of the event, will offer 3GB free data on any phone bought at the Jumia Mobile Week Megathon. Not only that , MTN is also offering 6 months of WhatsApp access and one free month of music streaming on MTN Music
A week of Expoloration and Opportunity
Black friday have always been known for expoloration of new product and follow up of best deal in just 24 hours but Jumia mobile megathon will enable you to expolre quality mobile product from top brand in the market for 7 days.
Are you ready? Here is how you can benefit from the Jumia mobile week Megathon
Top brand in the mobile market will over the best product to you which will make every partaker to benefit from it.
3. You will be entitled for 5000 naira voucher from jumia when you share this campaignon your social media , While not start by following Jumia on Twitter at Jumianigeria , Google plus at +Jumia Nigeria and the Hashtag #JumiaMobileWeek
Everyone loves a good deal, Isn’t it ? So for one week, Jumia will be offering amazing deals. Why not share this on social media by using our social media icon below…
BlackBerry Leap arrives at the FCC
Although BlackBerry slipped up a bit early and listed the device formerly known as the Z20, now the BlackBerry Leap, inside FCC documents for the BlackBerry Passport, the BlackBerry Leap has arrived at the FCC seeking approval. As the device is already official, the FCC documents don’t reveal much of anything that isn’t already known about the latest all-touch device except, perhaps, a possible approximate launch time frame for North America.
The short term confidentiality agreement expires on May 4th, 2015 and while that is far from a proven method of determining release of a device, it’s shortly after the April launch BlackBerry confirmed for Europe. Interested in possibly grabbing a BlackBerry Leap? You can register for updates via the BlackBerry website.