Apple unveiled a new type of laptop at its March 9 event: the MacBook, with no “Pro” or “Air” or any other suffix.
At just 13.1mm at its thickest point, the laptop is Apple’s thinnest ever, and it features a redesigned keyboard, too. To top things off, it has a single port for practically everything — the USB-C connector can supply power, connect to USB devices as well as extend to a separate display (the laptop still has a headphone jack, too).
Forget all your wires and cables.
The most interesting part is , , You won’t need them if you buy Apple’s new MacBook — it only has two ports.Here’s what you need to know
1. The body is tapered like the MacBook Air. At its thickest, the new 12-inch MacBook is 13.1mm high (about half an inch) — 24% thinner than the existing 11-inch MacBook Air.
“Can you even see it? I can’t even see it,” Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, said on stage at an Apple event Monday afternoon, holding a closed laptop.
2. It weighs two pounds. For comparison, the MacBook Air weighs almost two-and-a-half pounds. The iPad Air 2 weighs just under one pound.
3. Taking a page from the iPhone design book, the new, all-metal body MacBook comes in three different colors: silver, gray, and gold.
4. The new MacBook is fanless, which is partly why the laptop is so thin and light.
5. There are only two ports. One is a headphone port, and the other port is for a new kind of USB connector called the USB-C. The USB-C port is about a third of the size of a standard USB port, and serves as a single connection point to charge the laptop’s batteries, transfer data, and transmit video.
For consumers who want to use their existing, standard USB devices with the laptop, this new USB format will most likely be a pain point. An adapter dongle for the USB-C port costs $80 on the Apple store.
6. Apple has also redesigned the keyboard, which now extends to the edges of the laptop. The keyboard has also been updated to respond to lighter touches, meaning less pounding when typing. The surface of each key is also 17% larger and is lit by individual LED lights underneath “for more precise illumination,” Schiller said.
7. The computer’s track pad also got a nice upgrade. Like the new Apple Watch, the track pad is now powered by Apple’s new Taptic Engine, which picks up on how forceful a touch or tap is. For example, instead of clicking repeatedly on the fast forward button on Quicktime to speed up a video, you only need to press down on the new track pad a little longer and harder than a tap to achieve the same goal.
8. On stage at the event, Schiller said the new MacBook is the “world’s most energy-efficient notebook.” The laptop’s Intel Core M processor consumes five watts of power, and its newly designed and contoured battery cells have 35% more capacity.
9. The new MacBook has a battery life of up to 10 hours.
10. The cost for a new 12-inch MacBook 1.1 GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor with 256GB of flash storage starts $1,299. A 12-inch 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor MacBook with 512GB of flash storage starts at $1,599.
eyefactive Extends the Human-Computer Interaction by Recognition of Objects on Large Professional Touchscreens
Multitouch technology got established on smartphones and tablets. The direct operation by fingers facilitates an intuitive control of contents and applications on the display. eyefactive extends the human-computer interaction by recognition of objects on large professional touchscreens.
Wedel, Schleswig-Holstein — (ReleaseWire) — 11/27/2017 — Touchscreen object recognition employs the known principle of barcodes for checkout systems: Any object tagged with a specific marker chip can be recognized and processed by displays in realtime. So far object recognition on LCD based touchscreens was only possible with external accessories like QR code scanners. Now, with eyefactive marker chips, objects can be recognized directly on the display.
Instead of working through complicated menu structures users can open the desired content simply by placing a physical object on the display. As soon as an object is being recognized by the touchscreen, further information opens in its vicinity in form of individual media or whole applications straight away, which then can be navigated by fingers via multitouch.
The fields of application are manifold: customers open specific content at point of sale, media fades in next to exhibits miniatures, games can be intuitively controlled by haptical elements like steering wheels.
As of now the marker chips are available from eyefactive. Many apps and widgets which can be linked with objects are already available for download in their own dedicated online shop for touchscreen software. The recognition technology is integrated in the touchscreen CMS software AppSuite free of charge – what is more, it can also be upgraded for external programs and development frameworks.
About eyefactive GmbH
eyefactive from Wedel (near Hamburg / Germany) is the leading provider for interactive multitouch and multiuser technology in large-scale. The product portfolio consists of flexible and scalable multitouch displays integrated into tables and walls as well as the first dedicated app-platform for interactive signage software. For effective marketing at points of sale & information and creative teamwork in companies. eyefactive has been awarded multiple times, e.g. “ICT start-up of the year 2012” by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology. Clients are world renowned brands like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz Bank, Beiersdorf, Siemens and Olympus.
How SEO Can Help Boost Your App Marketing Results
The number of apps that populate mobile devices is growing and so is the competition to get your app amongst them. App marketing has taken off and there are a number of highly popular and much talked about ways in which you can successfully market your app, such as App Store optimization and advertising, be it through third-party mediums or on your own website.
The Google Play Store housed 2.6 million unique apps as of December 2016. Google has been busy with morphing into a platform that provides the ultimate tools to cater to every need an app has. It started off by introducing a mobile-first indexing system, with which Google’s bots will crawl your websites as a mobile user and not as a desktop user. But now, Google intends to take this further. Google is the world’s most powerful search engine and it cannot lose out on the opportunity to develop a medium to make apps appear in its search results. As a result, Google now offers apps the option to index on the search engine, which means that, from now on, search engine optimization will be an integral part of any app marketing strategy.
How does it work?
When using Google on your mobile, you could see results from the apps you have installed on your phone if you put forward a certain search query. Now, even if you don’t have a certain app installed on your phone, Google will still fetch suggestions to install apps in the results if the content they carry matches the search query. This new app indexing strategy starts working when you allow your app to be indexed by Google, much like is the case with website indexing. The different is, you would need to have a webpage corresponding to the content featured in the app.
What Google does with app indexing is, if a certain search query matched the content contained in your app, then Google can display your app in the search results and provide the option to the user to install the app. If a person clicks on the install link in the search results, it will find itself redirected to Google’s Play store where it could get that app installed in its mobile.
What does this mean for app marketing?
Whether it is app store optimization or third-party ads, no one can widen the realm of app marketing to the extent that a search ranking can. Conventional forms of app marketing were quite restricted in the sense that they existed only inside the app store domain mainly. The user would only have the visibility to the apps that were optimized on the app store’s search engines.
Google’s search engine ranking provides more relevancy and more qualified leads because it offers apps as suggestions to those people who are searching for something related to the suggested apps. Diversifying outreach and giving app marketing a boost, Google’s app indexing will bring in a lot more conversions and app installs.
How to include SEO in your app marketing strategy
SEO will have a crucial role to play in charting out a more effective app marketing strategy. To include SEO in your app marketing strategy, you would need to write content for the app that is optimized for Google search. This will help your app gain more exposure when people are using other apps through a feature called Google Now on Tap.
The Now on Tap feature is optimized to work within apps and is available on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This new feature allows users to hold on to the home screen button when using a certain app and the content on the app’s interface will be read and analyzed, bringing back the most relevant results that could enhance the user’s experience of that certain app. For example, if you are reading a feature about an upcoming election on a news app and you activate Google Now on Tap, you can view the candidate profiles, their constituency, any other related news based on the keywords used in the original news feature. But how would this help your app gain visibility and drive more downloads?
If your app is indexed by Google, then someone using the Google Now on Tap feature in a certain app could see a suggestion to install yours as well if it is relevant to the search. These amazing new features by Google could stand to power even more installs for apps and make their discoverability far easier than was otherwise possible.
One way to optimize and take advantage of this feature would be by revamping current apps. For a new app, you would need to optimize it for Google when it is in the development stage and incorporate this step as a milestone in the app’s lifecycle stages to stand the most chance of benefiting from it. Every marketer who is in the business of promoting apps needs to understand and incorporate this strategy into the app’s marketing mix to increase the app’s chances of becoming a success story.
SOURCE : Sitepronews
Everything You Need To Know About Movavi Photo Editor
Have you ever wanted to do something special with your family photographs? If so, you’ll want to equip yourself with a great photo editing software. There are many excellent applications on the market, but few can compare to Movavi’s magnificent Photo Editor. With this software, you will be able to perform an abundance of actions, including altering your photographs, adding effects, and even adding makeup to your selfies. At the same time, this unique program will give you the ability to create a photograph montage. Whether you want to transport yourself to a distance land or even a whole new planet, you can guarantee that this software will be able to accommodate your needs.
Perfect For Montages
Are you interested in creating a cool photo montage? If so, you should utilize Movavi Photo Editor as your primary photo montage maker. This specific software will give you the ability to construct a whole new image, by cutting and pasting from other images. For instance, you’ll be able to remove your image’s background and replace it with something a little more extravagant. If you’ve taken an ordinary selfie, you can use Movavi Photo Editor to replace the ordinary background and make it appear that you’re in outer space or even a prison cell.
Simply import your photograph and remove the unwanted objects. Then, you can alter the background and begin adding pieces of other pictures to your new montage. Once you’ve finished, you’ll have a much more exciting picture that will garner far more attention from other social media users. Truly, Movavi Photo Editor offers the most convenient and quick way to create a montage. More importantly, you’ll be able to achieve the most realistic image possible. This feature of the software is perfect for creating birthday cards, postcards, and even wedding invitations.
Supports A Variety Of Formats
It is vital to remember that you’ll only be able to create a montage, if your software of choice supports your image files. If it does not, you’ll need to change the format or switch to a new software. This should never be a problem with Movavi Photo Editor. This software supports far more formats than its competitors. For instance, it can accommodate BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and so many more formats. More importantly, you’ll want to make sure that you’ll easily be able to share your photographs with others, after they’ve been finalized and exported. Again, this will not be a problem with Movavi Photo Editor.
This specific application offers many different output formats, including BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and others. This will ensure that you’re able to show off your montages on your website and social media accounts.
Altering The Backdrop Is A Breeze
Trying to achieve a unique background for your images can be extremely difficult, if not impossible without the proper software. Thankfully, Movavi Photo Editor gives you the tools needed to achieve success in every aspect of backdrop creations. Movavi simplifies the process, so you can create backdrops in a matter of minutes. If you want to alter an ordinary backdrop to something spectacular, you will have the ability to do that, as well.
Movavi allows users to create glamorous and interesting backdrops in 5 easy steps. You will be guided through each step of the process, so you get it perfect on the first attempt.
- Step 1 – In this step you just add an image that you want to alter.
- Step 2 – This step is a little more hands-on, but extremely simple. Just utilize the brush to trace out the elements in the image that you want to keep. For example, if the image is of your favorite pet, you can trace the face and do away with the rest.
- Step 3 – Since you want to replace the backdrop, you will need to eliminate it from the overall picture. In this step, you will simply utilize the red brush to mark off the background. Place a red mark on each side, top and bottom, so the software will know to remove these areas from the image.
- Step 4 – This step entails the removal of the existing background, while also preparing the image for the new backdrop. Just click on the “Set New Background” feature to erase the existing backdrop, this will prepare the image for the next step.
- Step 5 – The last step is the most important and only entails adding a photo that will act as the new background. The picture can come from the Internet or your stored photo collection.
Truly, if you wish to change your picture and make it far more interesting, you will want to utilize this software.
Completely Transform Your Images
While there are tons of different features included with Movavi Photo Editor, perhaps one of the most impressive is the ability to fully and completely transform your images. Not only is the fact that you can transform your images amazing, but the simplicity of the whole process is really astonishing. If you want to shrink or blow up a photo or image you can easily do so with the resize option. If you want to copy your photo and have it pasted on another platform, you can do so with the crop feature.
If you want to take a regular photo and change things up a bit, you can completely turn it upside down for an extra-added effect. Even rotating images will be easier than ever before. Just about anything that you can imagine you would want to do to a photo you can accomplish with Movavi Photo Editor.
When it comes down to it, Movavi Photo Editor is truly one of the best applications for creating stunning montages. The software’s innovative Object and Background Removal features make it immensely easy to create beautiful montages that look totally realistic. With this software, you will be able to create anything you can conjure up, no matter how ludicrous it is!
- Firing Games? Do They Have Any Knock-on Effects?
- Methods to Influence Staff members to Acquire Things Completed Correctly punctually Without Using Positional Power
- The right way to Influence Employees to Acquire Things Performed Correctly on Time Without Employing Positional Ability
- Tips on how to Influence Personnel to Get Things Performed Correctly on Time Without Using Positional Right
- Methods to Influence Workers to Obtain Things Performed Correctly promptly Without Using Positional Recognized