In the recent days, many commercial and personal internet users are willing to install the wifi routers in their home network in order to connect all their computers, laptops, and also mobile devices to connect to the internet. Adding a new computer or mobile device to your in-home Wifi network will be simple using the following steps. For this purpose, first of all your device must be wifi-enabled to connect to the in-home wifi router.
In-home Wifi is actually a residential service providing users a greater range of Wifi experience with the matchless bandwidth of the internet. It also allows you to get connection of all wireless devices to the wifi network. For the effective wireless device usage based on your wifi internet connection, first of all you should consider these given rules.
- The experts recommend using the in-home wifi router which gives at least wireless N connection for the basic internet and also limited wireless internet device usage.
- For the multiple wireless device usage and heavy internet, they suggest using the wifi network router providing simultaneous dual band wireless AC connections.
Different ways to connect a device to in-home Wifi network:
According to the type of system or device you have, the following are the necessary steps to follow to get connection with the Wifi network.
- Apple iOS – When you have iphone, ipad, or some other Apple devices and want to connect it to your in-home wifi network, kindly follow these steps.
- Tap Settings page
- After that, you have to tap Wifi option
- In the next step, select the current network name from the given list
- You have to enter the correct password of the appropriate network
- Click on the OK button.
- Kindle Fire – For the Kindle Fire users, the following are the necessary steps to get Wifi connectivity.
- In the first step, you should need to tap Quick Settings or Wireless Settings
- Then, tap Wifi option
- Next, it is essential to choose your current network name (SSID) from the existing list.
- Enter the Wifi password to get connection.
- When Wifi is set to off, you should have to tap ON and following these steps.
- Android – Many smart phone users are now using different versions of Android operating systems on their personal mobile devices.
- The android users, first need to tap scan option to search the in-home wifi network.
- Once the search finished, you have to choose a particular wifi network name.
- It will ask you to enter the password and tap connect button.
- Windows 8 – From the Windows 8 versions of Microsoft, it includes the built-in Wifi connectivity option to get connected to your in-home wifi network.
- From the list of apps, you have to go to the Settings application.
- Then, tap Wifi option.
- Now, you need to select the SSID or wifi network name.
- After that, you can enter the exact password and click on the done option.
- Windows 10 – It is the most advanced version of Windows which also includes built-in Wifi connectivity.
- On your Windows 10 system, you have to click on the network icon from the system tray.
- Next, it is crucial to choose a current in-home wifi network name or SSID.
- Enter the wifi network password and tap OK button.
While doing this process, you have to make sure that your in-home Wifi networking is now set to ON state.
192.168.1.1 – It is the most common IP (Internet Protocol) address used by many branded routers as the default gateway address. Some of the router manufacturing companies are also using 192.168.1.1 IP address in order to build the network or manage their wireless network setup.
The network users can easily able to change this internet protocol address through the settings and management console at http://192.168.1.1. For the smooth working of a router device and the entire network, it is better not changing this default IP address of your router. For accessing network setup and settings page of the router, you just visit the above mentioned page on your web browser and login using the given username and password. Once you have logged into the router page, you can configure and setup any options as per your preferences.
Hi , My name is Masha and I am is passionate about technology, internet marketing and I am writer who writes on computer technology questions like router settings, computer security, ip address like 192.168.1.1 and many more questions about computer problems.